Both sun spots and age sports are blemishes caused by the normal wear and tear that we all experience. They are both very noticeable, and they will both last forever if action is not taken. Luckily, sun and age spots can both be removed, or at least minimized, using photo rejuvenation.
The Science of Sun and Age Spot Removal
At first glance, photo rejuvenation may seem a bit daunting because of the overly scientific sound of the phrase itself, but the science behind to procedure isn’t actually that complicated. Below are a few scientific facts about the process:
- The method was originally developed by NASA to help treat astronauts in space, where wounds normally heal slower than on earth.
- Unlike other light-based skin treatment methods, which use lasers, sun and age spot removal utilizes focused LED lights. This is because lasers can damage cells, whereas LED lights have less chance of damaging tissue. LED also boosts the activity of mitochondria, an organelle that serves as the respiration and energy production centre of most cells.
- During the treatment, the light and RF pulses on the skin, causing the darker blemished to get damaged. The body’s natural healing process makes new skin cells to replace the damaged ones. The pigmented and vascular lesions targeted by the light will gradually disappear.
Perks to Expect
Thanks to the neat yet revolutionary science behind it, LED sun and age spot removal offers many perks that other methods cannot. These include:
- No Pain – Many sun and age spot removal treatments are quite painful, and even LED removal used to be. With modern technological innovations, though, the feeling is reduced to a mild feeling of warmth on the treated skin.
- Quick but Thorough – The treatment is extremely quick and painless, with each session entailing 15-20 minutes. Scheduling multiple sessions (5-7, preferably) will help ensure the job is done thoroughly.
- No Downtime – The procedure is completely non-invasive, meaning that you will be able to resume your normal routine and even apply makeup as soon as you walk out of the office.
The experts at Leeza’s Laser are extremely comfortable with all of the science involved in photo rejuvenation. Also specializing in laser hair removal and acne scar removal. They have been serving the Toronto area for many years and have become masters of cutting-edge dermatological practices.