Acne scarring can wreak havoc on your confidence. Thankfully, there are treatments available to reduce and even eliminate it. With so many on the market, you might not be sure which one to go for. In this post, we’ll go through each of them, so you can make the best decision for you.
How Laser Acne Scar Treatment Compares to Other Treatments in Toronto
Here’s why other acne scarring reduction methods don’t measure up to laser treatments.
- Creams – There is a huge market for creams which claim to help to reduce scarring and stretch marks. However, while creams can be effective in reducing acne itself, it does little to reverse the scarring it leaves behind. Scars are deep recessions in the skin, and creams don’t have the ability to fill them. They can improve discolouration, but that’s about it.
- Skin Needling – Surgical needling is one of the older forms of acne scar treatment. It involves the use of fine, short needles to repeatedly puncture the skin, stimulating collagen production. One of the disadvantages of this treatment is that it can require up to seven days of recovery time. For those who aren’t able to take a break from their busy lives, it’s not a suitable option.
- Fat Transfer – This procedure involves taking fat from other areas of the body and using it to fill the pits left by acne scars. The results you can achieve with fat transfer depend on the skill and technique of the surgeon who carries out the procedure, so you can’t be 100% what to expect. Also, it’s not a permanent fix. As the skin eventually loses volume, the treatment will have to be repeated later down the line.
- Dermal Fillers –This treatment involves injecting a synthetic solution into your skin in order to add volume and reduce scarring. Dermal fillers are not permanent by any means. Some fillers can last for a few years, but others only work for a matter of months. After that, you’re back to square one.
- Chemical Peels – Chemical peels can be effective in reducing acne scarring, but only when the scarring is mild. It won’t be effective for those who are looking to get rid of significant scarring.
- Dermabrasion – This is a form of exfoliation, which is carried out using a rotating instrument. Outer layers of skin are removed, leaving a more even tone and texture. However, it may not be effective for deep scarring, which penetrates several layers of skin. Since it’s only a light treatment, it may not produce any effects at all in some patients. There is also a risk that this treatment could cause further scarring.
Get the Results You’re Looking for with Laser Acne Scar Treatment in Toronto
At Leeza Laser, we offer several different services to reduce acne scarring, including chemical peels and microdermabrasion. However, laser acne scar treatment is undoubtedly the most popular at our Toronto clinic. This is because it’s the most comfortable and the most cost-effective, and provides the best results. To see for yourself, arrange for a consultation.